Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Advent. New Mexico


For twenty years, my best friend, who lives in Georgia, and I meet in New Mexico for an Advent retreat. Over the years it has evolved into a lovely rest with a base of play, quiet, hikes, coffee and food, and visits with friends. Then there are the yearly surprises. 

I flew after work yesterday so I arrived in the dark. A quick dinner in Albuquerque fortified us for the hour drive in the dark to Santa Fe for the night. 


One of my favorite  Advent sights are the lights of the Plaza in Santa Fe and the farolitas. These lights always fill me with joy--a reminder of the joy-filled Light of Christ. 


Today I'm up early to blue sky and twenty degree cold. Filled with local roast coffee and green chile white cheddar bagel, I'm off soon to Chimayo to meet a friend for lunch and then prayers at the Santuario de Chimayo.  I'll have my eyes open for the Light. 


1 comment:

  1. I so enjoyed hearing about your advent retreatl I feel sure this was exactly what you needed,,,,the quiet and time to meditate. blessings, sally

    ReplyDelete