Monday, July 6, 2015

Vacation: To be unoccupied


For the next seven days I am a vacationer.   I am unoccupied.  I am on an extended period of recreation. 

Starting with uneventful travel this morning to the airport and now seated in an exit row all to myself. 

Work to do list complete. 
Pastoral phone calls and texts done. 
Katie+ and the fabulous St. Mary's folks tending God's people.
Plants watered. Dishes done. 

Inspired by Katie's+ sermon yesterday, I am off to be a disciple in unknown and unexpected places. I do have a change of clothes and money in my wallet, but I'm ready to see where God, my tour guide, takes me. 

O God, whose glory fills the whole creation, and whose presence we find wherever we go: Preserve those who travel; surround them with your loving care; protect them from every danger; and bring them in safety to their journey's end; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment