Thursday, March 5, 2015

Praise. Lauds. Sunrise.


Up early this morning to the sight of the moon setting over the water of the marsh as I prepared to walk to the beach for the sunrise. 

I'll share the Office we prayed on the beach at sunrise from the prayer book supplement, Daily Prayers for All Seasons.

It's called, Lauds,which is traditionally prayed at waking. Lauds means praise, which is the very best way to greet a new day. 


Laud ate, omnes gentes, laudate Dominum! [Sing praises, all people, sing praises to the Lord!] 

Bless the Lord, O my soul. 


A Scripture:     
O God, you are my God; eagerly I seek you. Psalm 63:1 58 


A Meditation:    
God has given to the earth the breath that feeds it. 
God’s breath vibrates in yours, in your voice. 
It is the breath of God that you breathe. (Theophilus of Antioch 59)

Contemplate:
How will God breathe through me this day? 


A Prayer:
Lord, you beat in our hearts and thrive in every cell of our bodies. 
All that we are leaps for delight. 
Wherever we go, we know we shall find you there. Amen.

Bless the Lord, O my soul.






No comments:

Post a Comment