Friday, November 7, 2014

Pilgrimage to Iona: My pearls of life prayer



I wrote about the Pearls of Life prayer beads in an earlier post and how I've been praying with them as a place to center in prayer.  During my pilgrimage to Iona, the landscape of my travels came to represent those beads of prayer.  I share them with you.

+
The God Pearl

   You are boundless.  You are near.  You are light, and I am yours.

+
The Silence Pearl

    In God's silence may I be--quiet, still, craving nothing.

+
The I Pearl

   I am a drop in God's sea that reflects the sky.

+
The Baptism Pearl

  I am your child, my God, help me grow, help me mature.

+
A Silence Pearl

 In God's silence may I be--quiet, still, craving nothing.

+
The Desert Pearl

 Cleanse me so I will be clean.  Heal me so I will be whole.

+
A Silence Pearl

 In God's silence may I be--quiet, still, craving nothing.

+
The Serenity Pearl

Help me really live, not only exist.

+
The Silence Pearl

 In God's silence may I be--quiet, still, craving nothing. 

+
The First Love Pearl

Open me now to the strength of love I long for.

+
The Second Love Pearl

God, help me love.

+++
The Mystery Pearls (there are three of these)

 Large or small, I entrust the secrets of my heart to your care.

Large or small, I entrust the secrets of my heart to your care.

  Large or small, I entrust the secrets of my heart to your care.
+
The Night Pearl

 Be close to me in darkness so that I find the light.

+
Another Silence Pearl  

   In God's silence may I be--quiet, still, craving nothing.

+
The Resurrection Pearl

Every breath me in you you in me.

+
A final Silence Pearl

  In God's silence may I be--quiet, still, craving nothing.




No comments:

Post a Comment