Friday, October 12, 2012

A rainy trip home

For the two weeks we were in Scotland and England, we saw almost no rain--it waited until the final drive to the airport. It feels like grace.

For the past six weeks I have traveled to some of the most extraordinary and inspiring places on earth. My head and heart are full.

Now quotidian time begins. Tomorrow I begin to Sabbath at home for a while. My next trip will most likely be to Oregon for Jonas' shower.

I need time to put all of my thoughts in order. My photos of the Holy Land will arrive around the first of November via a friend of my brother's who will pick up my no longer lost camera in Tel Aviv and deliver it to Houston.

As I begin the second of my three flights home, I am filled with peace and gratitude. Even with four hours sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment