Friday, March 11, 2016

Laudete, omnes gentes, laudate Dominum



As part of this quiet Lenten rhythm, I learned that listening for the moment in the early hours when the birds begin to sing was the best way to time my getting up to walk to see the fullness of the sunrise.  And so they did. 


Approaching the ocean, the two doves were once again perched on the boardwalk to offer morning peace.
 

On this last morning at the beach, I share part of my morning devotional with you, prayed while sitting on the beach as the sun came up. 

Morning prayers for all I hold dear. 


Praise Lauds 
Traditional hour: at dawn/waking up 

Laudate, omnes gentes, laudate Dominum! [Sing praises, all people, sing praises to the Lord!] 

We greet the new day by praising the Creator (the ancient name for this hour, Lauds, means “praise”). 

Opening 
Bless the Lord, O my soul. 

Scripture 
O God, you are my God; eagerly I seek you. Psalm 63:1

Meditation 
God has given to the earth the breath that feeds it. God’s breath vibrates in yours, in your voice. It is the breath of God that you breathe. 
Theophilus of Antioch 

From Daily Prayer for All Seasons by Church Publishing 



No comments:

Post a Comment