Thursday, November 27, 2014

An abundance of thanksgivings


For God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having everything, you may share abundantly in every good work.  
2 Corinthians 9.8

And so I am thankful for God's abundance in my life. 

For more invitations for Thanksgiving meals than I could join in a feast of days. 

For construction workers who will eventually get the roads that lead to my mom's an easier way to come. 

For first responders caring for all those whose holiday has been disrupted by car accidents. 


For fall color to revel in as I sat and waited for accidents to clear on the highway between Houston and Chambersville.  

For my CSA and a bounty of vegetables that I'd most likely never buy on my own, but now can be transformed into delicious sides to share with my family. 

For my daughter's wonderful cookbook which provided the best recipe for collard greens, ever. 


For my children and grandchildren so far away--but with whom I've had good, good conversations this week. 

For a digital age that makes it easy for video chats with my two grandboys. 

For a day to be with my mom and brothers and niece and nephew and whoever else joins us around my mother's family table. 

Now it's time to roast sweet potatoes and prepare mashed potatoes. And to continue to overflow with an abundance of thanks.  


No comments:

Post a Comment