Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Centering Prayer: Traveling Home Peace


I'm not doing my usual 5 AM first leg home from a Grandboy trip today since my flight doesn't leave Redmond until 3.30, and my Centering Prayer word this morning was God's peace.

It's a different ending to one of these precious visits. Usually I'm up at 4 AM traveling to the airport, having said good bye to the boys the night before.  However, this trip, we had breakfast together, read books, played an ipad game, and I waved them off to day care with blown kisses while still in my pjs.  


I've had the whole morning to myself In Jacob and Lisa's home to putter mode myself ready to travel.  I love being in new places and visiting folks I love, but travel makes me anxious.  Traveling so late in the day makes possibilities for flying surprises increase. This gives me a great opportunity to practice a centered life.  God's peace. 

Devotional reading, centering prayer, and praying my St. Mary's directory, as is my traveling practice.  It's my last time with this directory since we'll publish a new one for St. Mary's Day.  I prayed the names of these treasured people more intentionally, making special note of folks who I haven't seen in a while, folks that I'll invite to be more involved, and folks who I know need updates in the new edition.  


My dear daughter-in-law will be here in a couple of hours to take me to the airport.  The towels and dirty linens are on the washer, and I have only a few last items to pack. My heart is sad, but also full of so much joy and love. Thanks, God.  God's peace. 




No comments:

Post a Comment