Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Back in the Day


It's Lent and that means a few days in Tybee Island, Georgia with my best friend. 

A couple of weeks ago a parishioner, a young man in his twenties, died unexpectedly. We've all been filled with grief. Well over 450 people attended his funeral last week. 

The death of this well-loved son, brother, grandson, fiancé, and friend has made me ever more mindful of the people I hold dear. This Lent has been full of planned and unexpected connections with family and friends. 

So I looked with even more anticipation for my daughter's second cookbook. I woke in my sunlit room at the Bluebird cottage overlooking a sweet marsh to find The Homesick Texan's Family Table front and center on my Kindle. 


Before I got out of bed, I'd read it cover to cover, filled with joy, love, and yes, tears, by not only it's beautiful photographs and recipes (all created by my talented daughter), but by story after story of people I love the most. 

Now filled by a cappuccino and biscone at my favorite Savannah bakery, morning devotions read, we're off on a walk.  


Glory to God who working in us can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine through Jesus Christ our Lord. 






No comments:

Post a Comment