Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sabbathkeeping on Laneview

I'm home, and for one delicious week I've kept Sabbath at home. The lovely surprise has been each time I remembered that I have no place I have or need to be.

Like yesterday. I took a walk with a friend. Our conversation was still going strong when we came to the end of our three turns around the walking path. Did I have time to walk around again?
Did I? I did.

Walking daily has been part of my Sabbatical rule of life. Near my house is a no longer new walking trail along the bayou. I've never made time to explore it, but now I have the gift of time. I began my exploration earlier this week. As I walked this new trail, this was the Scripture I contemplated:

Thus says the Lord:
Stand at the crossroads, and look,
and ask for the ancient paths,
where the good way lies; and walk in it,
and find rest for your souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment