Thursday, August 13, 2009

Filming in Farmers Branch

My part of the video is done. Now we wait to have it posted on the Diocesan website.

It was a gift to get to do the video in my brother's studio. I sat literally by the phone as a kind voice from Connecticut asked me the same questions as the other three candidates had responded to back in Connecticut.

I had not been to my brother's new studio, and I was very surprised when I made the exit from 35E on Valley View Road in Farmers Branch. I was in a familiar place. Turns out the studio was less than two miles from that Episcopal Church that a friend had invited my family to attend nearly thirty years ago, and the place where the Right Reverend Terwilliger had laid his hands on my head and asked the Holy Spirit to be more powerful in my life. Little did he know. Even more so, little did I know.

If I'd turned right rather than left (no hidden theological meaning, please), and driven about two miles I'd have ended up at St. Andrew's, Farmers Branch.

What a nice God moment to have a circle of connection; certainly a T.S. Eliot moment:

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.






No comments:

Post a Comment